1979 Custom Race Corvette
Up for bid is a 1979 corvette, new motor, new interior, new paint, and all brand new upgraded suspension.
( I will entertain any reasonable offer you might have, just send me an email.)
This corvette is not restored original; I think those cars have their place in a museum. This car is one of a kind, custom from bumper to bumper. A list below has been developed to describe everything the car has been through.
This car is about 99% done, it only needs minor work to be perfect which is also listed below. I am moving to Maryland and have no more time for her. Serious bidders and questions only please, I hate to see her go but it must. And I want this hundreds of labor hour and countless thousands of dollars, custom corvette to go into the right hands.
I have most all receipts, and all the receipts from the Engine; itself has only 2-3K miles on it, along with the newly total re construction of the entire suspension system I have a video on YOUTUBE of it running, you are getting the real deal here , this is no gimmick or scam, this car is worth every penny and more that I am asking for it. I don’t need to tell anyone who is truly interested in this car that not only do I have an enormous amount of labor hours in it, but at least 30-37K in parts.
Any pictures or questions you want just shoot I have a camera and know this car from head to toe I will answer anything. Thank you for looking , ENJOY
The best part….
cost in parts: 10,000K
This engine was replaced 8 months ago with all new components from the actual engine to every accessory and componet.
IMPORTANT: This engine has never been raced, except for those times where the foot gets a bit heavy on the street, and has never had NITROUS OXIDE through it.
(If you have any specific questions just shoot me an email.)
· Approx 406 ci small block 515 HP
· Hi Tin block 4 bolt main, race clearanced
· 383 stroked forged custom ground crank
· Chevy pink forged piston rods
· Forged flat top speed pro pistons 10.3 to 1 compression
· Custom machined aluminum heads. Blue printed,
o 69cc chamber, 2.02 intake, 1.6 exhaust, ported and exhaust ports polished, 515 lb springs, 1.6 rull aluminum roller rockers, chromolly push rods with guide plates, flat tappet hydraulic lifters, bowl blended, titanium valves, 7 angle valve job with hardened valve seats for Leaded Gasoline
· Comp Cams, 110 centerline 565 lift 248/248 duration @ .50
· 5qt chrome oil pan with high pressure/volume oil pump
· All ARP bolts, and good gaskets
· Barry Grant demon 750 race carb, no choke tower
· Working polished aluminum BLOWER intake
· Custom welded aluminum valve covers
· Edelbrock RPM air gap intake
· MSD 6AL box
· MSD 8.5mm wires
· Billet Distributor, MSD coil
· Electric hi flow water pump
· 110 amp chrome alternator
· Custom brackets and stainless steel braiding
· Hooker headers big tube 3” collector with header wrap
· Dual electric fans
· Dual 2.5” exhaust with a dual in/out flowmaster 40 series
· Pro Form electric Water pump
· Fuel regulator with Edelbroke 110 GPH hi flow fuel pump
· 3000 stall converter with T350 stage 2 shift kit
All the suspension components have been replaced and refurbished only 2000 miles ago. All suspension parts not replaced were sand blasted and powder coated. This suspension set-up is Tough enough for drag racing and geared for taking corners very fast.
(REAR) Lowered 2” from stock
· CONVERTED dot5 silicone brake system
· Rear composite transverse 355lb race mono-leaf by TRW
· Brand new rear Trailing arms offset 2.5 inches for wife tires
o Made of 3/16 steel all around very strong, with hardened spindles and the big bearing assembly
· Custom rear DRAG VETTE 6 link suspension
· New drag Spicer U joints with heavy duty half shafts
· Heavy duty Stub axles
· KYB A-Just a shocks
· REAR heavy duty adjustable lower links
· Cross Drilled rotors with 4 piston painted calipers
· All Poly urethane bushings
(FRONT) Lowered 2” from stock
· New upper and lower control arms
· Cross drilled and vented Rotors with big 4 piston calipers
· 1 ¼ inch plated sway bar
· Lowered 2” from stock
· KYB A-Just a shock
· 550 lb lowered springs from
· All poly urethane bushings and new spindles
· New end link and power steering hoses and rebuilt power steering pump, and gear box, slave cylinder and control valve
· New idler Arm, and Drag link with new Tie rod ends
· Custom laser red Paint by house of Kolor with a candy apple red pearl clear coat. You really need to see this paint to appreciate. There is some MINOR scratches and chips from normal driving.
· All new fiberglass bumpers that are blended into the car, the only seems are from the door jams and T-tops
· Custom molded rear wing
· Front spoiler
· Retractable antenna
· Silver racing stripe that covers the 3” cowl stinger hood
· OLD SCHOOL cragar wheels 15x8 with 225 60r15 front and 275 60r15 rear.
o 315 tires will fit on the rear of this with the new offset trailing arms. I was going to put 2007 ZO6 wheels and tires on it if I were to keep it.
· All new weather striping.
· Custom tailored vinyl interior with triple stitched red thread seats, one of a kind.
· Power windows
· No A/c but can be easily hooked up has almost all components in it besides the compressor
· Digital gauges
· Pioneer 900Watt amp with 2 Pioneer IMPP 10” subwoofers, and 6x9”s Sounds awesome.
· 2 pioneer 3” tweeters up front
· The corvette Emblem is stitched into the headliner of the T-TOPS
· All new carpet and Vinyl trimmings
Now for what it needs:
· The power windows work, but the window glass on the track needs to be adjusted so the windows fit snugly into the weather stripping
· Wiper motor seems to be going bad the wipers will work then intermittently go off
· Due to all the aftermarket fans, water pump, MSD box, ect. If the car is left to sit over 2-3 weeks without start the battery will slowly drain, It’s not a problem at all.
· The Hi performance engine does not create much vacuum so I put a vacuum can for the lights and brakes, but the lights still need to be brought up by hand, I’m sure it’s a headlight can leak but haven’t had the time to investigate
· Could use a choke on the carb if driving in cold weather, at start up you need to allow for it to warm up.
· Rear window tint coming up in top corner
· Passenger rear view mirror cracked